Welcome to HorizonsFlex
Flexible Financial Solutions
Preferred Rates on your
Multi-Territory Financial Advice
and Flexible Investment solutions
Keeping you Healthy
Wherever you are
Flexible Solutions for people like You!
HorizonsFlex is a bespoke team of professional and regulated advisers who understand your lifestyle and who have created a unique and dedicated range of products to help your money work just as hard as you do. There is NO membership fee and NO sign up fee for HorizonsFlex.
Our team are here to help you get into some great financial habits. Some of which will save you money and others to make you money, thereby securing your financial future in the easiest manner with secure, simple, cost effective, and most importantly – flexible solutions.
International bank accounts are a necessity when working in a global industry. The chances are you need a euro and sterling account plus, an account in the currency of the country you work in. We can arrange this quickly and efficiently. This account is designed specifically for people with an international lifestyle.
Don’t tell us you went into this lifestyle just for the fun.. Its about the money too! Our experts have the experience and the knowledge about how this lifestyle could affect your financial future. We have advisers in different countries that can help you achieve your financial goals and create financial stability throughout your career. Lets talk about it over a cup of coffee?
The amount of money you can potentially lose when not using a dedicated currency exchange service is enough to easily cover the next round. For example, what happens if your salary is paid in GBP but you’re working in the French Alps during the winter? You need to transfer some of your salary to your euro account for your daily expenditure, including your bar tab. Using HorizonsFlex Currency Exchange can be much cheaper and offers you rates your bank will find hard to beat.
We know you work hard and play hard! Including some relaxing city trips to take in the sights or visiting that special concert. But does your health insurance cover you while enjoying extreme sports, and what about your luggage? Horizon’s Globetrotter Insurance offers you a worry free solution that is tailored to your active lifestyle and will keep you covered wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.
Talk to us, we understand your lifestyle
and we will put your mind at ease.
Our 10 Golden Rules
We often challenge people to see how many of these ‘rules’ they abide by; very few answer yes to more than six, but it is never too late to pick up great habits to help you start planning for your future.
Some of these may seem obvious, but it’s surprising how few are actually practiced by people, old or young. However, if you stick to these guidelines throughout your career, you will maximise your chances of financial success.
Some of these rules will help you make money, some will help you establish good financial habits and others will help you save money… when combined they should help you grow your wealth throughout your working life, wherever it is and whatever you do.
When you reach the time when you want to change your lifestyle, take on a new challenge or, dare we say it… settle down, whether that is in 5 years or 25, it is great to have choices because of the way you have managed your resources rather than be stuck with no options to move on to another chapter because you have not taken control of your future or accrued enough savings.
The longer you wait to think about your future the fewer choices you will have when you get there.
Follow every one of these simple rules and you will get the most out of your career, knowing that it not only gave you great friends and memories but it allowed you look forward to a long and fruitful second career or retirement
- Have a bank account in the same currency as your income.
- Have other currency bank accounts if you spend significant time in other currency jurisdictions.
- Use a currency broker account to move money between accounts; this gives you control and saves money on the exchange rate and commissions.
- Clear debts as soon as you can, especially those with high interest rates.
- Check your medical cover. Think about paying a small supplement if it doesn’t cover you during holidays or when not on working.
- Conceptually plan out different financial pots:
– Emergency: at least three months’ salary in a bank account
– Education: when and how much is it for the next course or qualification? The best investment you will ever make is in your own professional development
– Spending money: limit yourself to a set amount each month
– Property purchase: how much will you need for a deposit, and when?
– Long-term money: 25 percent of your salary
- Understand your tax residency status: Keep an accurate diary of where you spend your time. The places where you are most likely to be considered resident are:
– Your country of citizenship
– Where you own property
– Where you spend the most time
– Where your dependent family is based (your home)
- Save at least 25 percent of your income for the long term.
- Invest time in your own financial education. Look at investment websites, learn about inflation, property leverage, risk and compound returns.
- If in doubt, take advice. Understand your limitations and build a team of trusted advisers in different fields. Speak to other colleagues about what they do with their money (but don’t follow just one).